Industrial and Systems Engineering
|Office:||CORE Building, Room 228|
• Ph.D., Industrial & Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University, USA, 2019
• M.Sc. and B.Sc., Industrial & Management Engineering, Arab Academy for Science & Technology, Alexandria, Egypt, 2013 and 2016, respectively.
• IISE DAIS Teaching Award, 2022.
• IIF-SAS Research Award (Methodology Track), 2020.
• Finalist, 3 Minute Thesis Competition at Texas A&M University, for the presentation titled: "Wind Energy: A New Solution To a 5000-year Old Problem" (2019)
• Outstanding Member of The Year, Texas A&M INFORMS Chapter (2018)
• Outstanding Graduate Student of The Year, Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University (2019)
• First Place, Quality, Statistics and Reliability (QSR) Student Poster and Interaction Competition, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Houston, TX, USA (2017)
• Bronze Prize, South Eastern Texas Chapter of the American Statistical Association (ASA) Poster Competition, College Station, TX, USA (2016)
• Best Oral Presentation, Texas A&M Conference on Energy, College Station, TX, USA (2016)
• Recipient of Sierleja Memorial Fellowship, Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE) (2014)
• Third Place, Best Student Paper Competition, 4th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM), Bali, Indonesia (2013)
• P. Papadopoulos, D. Coit, A. Ezzat, “Seizing Opportunity: Maintenance Optimization in Offshore Wind Farms Considering Accessibility, Production, and Crew Dispatch,” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 13(1), 111-121, 2022.
• A. Ezzat, “Turbine-specific Short-term Wind Speed Forecasting Considering Within-farm Wind Field Dependencies and Fluctuations,” Applied Energy, 269, 115034, 2020.
• A. Ezzat, M. Jun, Y. Ding, “Spatio-temporal short-term wind forecast: A calibrated regime-switching method,” The Annals of Applied Statistics, 13(3), 1484-1510, 2019.
• A. Ezzat, M. Jun and Y. Ding, "Spatio-temporal Asymmetry of Local Wind Fields and Its Impact on Short-term Wind Forecasting," IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 9(3), pp. 1437-1447, 2018.
• A. Ezzat, A. Pourhabib, Y. Ding, "Sequential Design for Functional Calibration of Computer Models," Vol. 60(3). pp. 286-296, Technometrics, 2018.