Industrial and Systems Engineering
|Office:||CORE Building, Room 206|
D.E.Sc., Columbia University, 1981
- 2010 President of INFORMS, the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- Founding Chair of the Advisory Council of the INFORMS section on Quality, Statistics, and Reliability
- Editor-in-Chief IIE Transactions, flagship journal of the industrial engineering profession.
- Elected Fellow of IIE, the Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Winner of the George E. Kimball Medal, INFORMS
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Engineering Governing Council, School of Engineering, Rutgers University
- Best Paper Awards, IIE Transactions - Quality Reliability Engineering 2009 & 2003
- Governing Board of the Ellis R. Ott Scholarship & Chair of Brumbaugh Award Committee, ASQ
- Edelman Competition Judge
Data mining, quality engineering, process monitoring, stochastic modeling, and systems engineering with applications in medical device manufacturing, semiconductor manufacturing, food processing, advanced display technology, plastics recycling, and healthcare.
1. M. Anzanello, S. L. Albin, and W. Chaovalitwongse (2012) “Multicriteria variable selection for classification of Production Batches,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 218, no. 1, April,.
2. Rodrigo Duran, S. L. Albin (2010) “Monitoring And Interpreting Service Processes With Transactions That Are Classified In Multiple Categories” IIE Transactions -Quality and Reliability Engineering, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 136-145.
3. H. Zhang, S. L. Albin, S. Wagner, D. Nolet, S. Gupta (2010) “Determining Statistical Process Control Baseline Periods In Long Historical Data Streams ,” Journal of Quality Technology, vol. 42, no. 1, 21-35.
4. M. Anzanello, S. L. Albin, and W. Chaovalitwongse (2009) “Selecting the Best Variables for Classifying Production Batches into Two Quality Levels,” Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 111-117.
5. Hang Zhang, S. L. Albin (2009) “Detecting Outliers in Complex Profiles Using 2 Control Chart Method,” IIE Transactions - Quality and Reliability Engineering, vol. 41, 4:335-345.
6. Il-Gyo Chong, S. L. Albin, and Chi-Hyuck Jun (2007) “A Data Mining Approach to Process Optimization Without an Explicity Quality Function” IIE Transactions - Quality and Reliability Engineering, vol. 39 (8), pp 795-804.
7. Hang Zhang, S. L. Albin (2007) “Determining the Number of Operational Modes in Baseline Multivariate SPC Data,” IIE Transaction - Quality and Reliability Engineering, vol. 39 (12), pp. 1103-1110. (Winner of IIE Transactions Best Applications paper in Quality and Reliability Engineering.)
8. D. Xu and S. L. Albin (2006) “Optimizing Batch Settings by Accounting for Uncontrollable Material and Environmental Variables,” IIE Transactions -Quality and Reliability Engineering, vol. 38, (12), pp. 1085-1092..
9. F. S. Fogliatto and S. L. Albin (2001) “A Hierarchical Method for Evaluating Products with Quantitative and Sensory Characteristics,” IIE Transactions - Quality and Reliability Engineering, December, vol 33 (12), pp. 1081-1092. Winner of IIE Transactions Best Paper in Quality and Reliability Engineering.)
10. L. Kang and S. L. Albin (2000) "On-line Monitoring When the Process Yields a Linear Profile" Journal of Quality Technology, October, vol 32 (4), pp. 418-426.